Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 11

 

Today I ran 5.66 miles or 9.11 km in order to commemorate the September 11th attacks. It is hard, in a way, to believe it was 12 years ago. So much has happened, but yet it is still fresh (although a bit fuzzy) in my memory. I guess that is what happens when one gets older?
It was a good run overall and definitely a good thinking one too. At about mile 4, however, there was a car that somehow spun out just behind me! It was kind of freaky because the topic of loss had been on my mine for most of the run and well if it had not have been such a good run; it is possible that car could have hit me. Regardless of the world of what-ifs, it made me realize that I was running not to remember some horrific event but running because I could run, in a sense to celebrate that I could. Because of the heartache, pain, suffering, and loss thousands of my fellow Americans have encountered in just the last twelve years fighting for the United States I can just simply go out for a run.

This realization is more motivating to get out the door than any dreams of sub-24 5k or losing weight or anything like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!