Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Running Recap 9.7-9.13


This week I ran a total of 6 times and for 29 miles, which is the most miles I have ever completed in one week! Some days were easy, some days were tough, but the important thing is that I got out there and did it.

So before I get into the run-by-run, let me just say that right now I am in the process of increasing my miles. That means, every week I add 2 miles— which is less than a ten percent increase— until I reach about 35 miles per week (which I plan on maintain throughout the winter months… yeah I said winter ewww….). Because I am increasing my mileage, I am only running easy miles. To aid in the process, I have adopted heart rate training. For every run I try and average a heart rate of 157 BPM for a 23 year old female this is perfectly easy and healthy.

I think heart rate training gives me an accurate view of how hard my body truly is working. Sometimes my pace is super slow or faster than average but my heart rate is about the same. I like this way of training and have been injury free so far which is always a huge bonus.

So let’s move on:

Saturday 9.7: 5 MILES in 56:12 (11:13 AVERAGE PACE)

Sunday 9.8: 8.04 MILES in 1:32.32 (11:31 AVERAGE PACE)

I had been feeling under the weather, so I ran this one pretty slow so that I could just complete the distance.

Monday 9.9: 4.07 MILES in 43:48 (10:46 AVERAGE PACE)

Felt much better on this run and it showed in my pace! This was a much needed run (why does life have to be stressful sometimes?).

Tuesday 9.10: 3.01 MILES in 34:05 (11:20 AVERAGE PACE)

               I never thought three miles could take so long and feel so bad, but it did!

Wednesday 9.11: 5.66 MILES in 59:41 (10:33 AVERAGE PACE)

               I wrote about this run for September 11, 2001.

Thursday 9.12: 3.35 MILES in 35:12 (10:31 AVERAGE PACE)

Friday 9.13: OFF

While I did not run on Friday, I did go and lift weights which I REALLY need to do more often so I can prevent injuries. Besides, if I ever can manage to lose weight, I would not want to be skinny but flappy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!