Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Alternative Workout to Running


If only, some days, I was this fast!
6 days a week you will find me running. I love it and I find it peaceful and relaxing. However, with that said, I know a lot of people are not fond of it. Yes, it is hard and yes, it can be frustrating at times. Right now, I am trying to increase my mileage and get in proper aerobic conditioning by utilizing my heart rate. Personally, I should be aiming for 147 beats per minute. As a 23 year old female, this works out to be roughly 75% of my max heart rate. Unfortunately, sometimes I feel like I could walk faster and sometimes feel like running is not the proper term one should use to describe my efforts.
 
But, Fridays are a rest day for me.
For me, I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill at an incline and lifted weights. I really find that lifting weights (particularly for my legs) helps tremendously with injury prevention.
Afterwards, I went and took my dog, Carmen, for a walk. It was a little overcast but overall, nice outside. Here are some pictures of our adventure.

"I am so happy to be on a walk!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting!